Wednesday, September 10, 2014

Recently, in the news...

What have I been up to recently?

1) Getting my professions up.
One of the things that all the big time gold makers have in common is that they have their professions maxed out.  I have been working on mine. Moving the bar on mining is easy. Moving the bar on jewelcrafting, now that is task intensive.  I am currently at 300 and ready to move into the Outlands.
Many times I am not getting the exact gem I need so what I took to doing once my new priest discovered prospecting is that I read Wow-professions to determine how much of a metal I will need for JC.  I will farm for the number I need, smelt and give to the JC.  Then I will go back out and repeat the count so that I can prospect the ore.

2) Cleaning up TSM.
Getting starter lists is exciting and everything.  It helps get an idea of what to look for and gives perfect starting foundation for new users.  However, after one to many my TSM is a cluster.  I don't want to delete the lists out of there.  However, I am finding that I need to evaluation my approach and my auctioning/shopping groups.  So I have started to reorganize my TSM.

3) Working my own pricing experiment.
I have an idea for a list to help newcomers to TSM and gold making.  I have been putting this list of items together and testing it out to see how well it works.  So far, it is working well.  This can assist many newcomers especially when it is adjusted for WoD.  I am not going to give a spoiler to what the list holds here.  I will have it shared shortly.

4) Reevaluating what I have learned.
Many of the mentors out there have made statements where they have found certain items don't sell well for them.  I have absorbed much of that and at the same time, I need to empty some of it back out.  Just because it doesn't work well for them on their servers doesn't mean that it won't work well for others.
An example is that on the same server I have both factions represented.  My auctions on the Alliance side sell very well while my Horde auctions barely move.
I have done some item research and found that items that I am moving on the Alliance AH don't exist on the Horde AH.  As a matter of fact, some of the items have not even been listed in the past 90 days or longer according to some of the scans I have read.  Does this mean I can move the item for twice the value?  I am going to explore that possibility.

5) XMogs
In the beginning, Not even a month ago when I started, I had ~1000G and started buying xmogs beneath a certain % value.  I had slowed down, partly because of input from others who said they hadn't had much success.  However, I am now noticing that my xmog sales are increasing and helping me to make ~1000G a day.  So I need to go back in with the same beginner thought process I had and start buying up the cheap xmogs to move them out.  They will sell, it is just a question of when.  And if you are persistent, a player will check the AH to find the cost.  Go farm or what have you to raise the gold and pray that you still have it listed when they return a few days later.  Then at that time they will go ahead and purchase that item you paid 15G to acquire for 3000G.

I guess this is where I am currently at in my efforts to go forward.

Good auctioning folks!
Cheers!

-AuctionWench

No comments:

Post a Comment