Sunday, August 24, 2014

Glyph Lists and checking popularity of an item.

Good morning all.
Today, I am the proud father of a brand new 16 year old boy.  Yes, that is right, 16 years ago I brought home this awesome little bundle of joy that today is probably going to look at me and say in a very deep voice "Dad, can I have the truck keys".
Upon which I will shed a tear and say "Oh hell no!  What do you think, I was born yesterday!  Get a job pay for your insurance and buy your own damn car!"

I won't really say that, he doesn't have his learners permit.

"Happy 16th Birthday Alexander!"

I digress.

On my server, one of the AH competitors I have posts a ton of glyphs.  I have been monitoring his markets and he seems to be firmly entrenched in the entire inscriptionist spectrum.  From inks to shoulders, he has it on the AH.  And not just in ones and twos, I see 10+ auctions for the same items.  He is setting the tone for the inscriptionist market on my server.

Well, not to jump into his market, however to basically be informed.  I began looking for a glyph list to import.  I came across an article on the following web site [Late Nite With Stede] which provides a good list.  I noticed it was missing a couple, however it wasn't designed to be a complete list.  If you read the article he is trying to capture specific ones based on popularity.

How can you tell if an item is popular?

I use Wowunction to help me there.  It can provide me with a higher altitude shot than what I can get here on the ground.

Using the professions menu, I than selected Inscriptionist.
Once the list for my realm appears, I sorted in descending order by DEMAND.  This should then place the most popular items to the top of the list.  As seen below.


I then utilize the list provided by Stede and scan the existing market.  Once I have the market, I put the list in alphabetical order by item.


This provides me the ability to quickly search to see what "demand" items are possibly currently below market value so I may capitalize on the gap.

I then re-list the items at market and move on.

If you use this tip, don't blindly pickup items, on TSM, look at the number of auctions that are currently posted.  Sometimes  you may have bargains in a market that is heavily saturated by undercut items.  If that is the case, it may not be worth your gold to invest since it is a frenzy of undercuts and your market value item may never be reached.

Thanks all, have a good day!

-AuctionWench

No comments:

Post a Comment