Friday, August 22, 2014

WoW remote auction abilities

I may be redundant in some of my posts as far as it maybe something you may already know.  Yet, someone out there, just starting off may not be aware of the tools we have at our disposal.  So, today I am going to cover remote auctioning.

The World of Warcraft site has a COMMUNITY option on the menu.  This page allows you to look up characters, check leaderboards, check realm status and access the auction house.


When you enter the remote auction house, you have four options: Buy, Sell, Bids and Auctions.

This allows you to obviously BUY things from the auction house, view your current BIDS/Won auctions, view the status of your AUCTIONS and sell.

I use the BUY option when I am not on my main computer (@work) and have just found some awesome bargains thanks to Wowunction.com.

But, what to do to get these on the auction house immediate?

Well the sell option works to post items on the auction house.
When you enter in to this area, it allows you to search.  The part I like about this feature is that it searches your: Bags, Bank AND Mail.

I just bought something, I want to flip it immediately.  I am not home and the item is in my mail.  I can still auction it.

Once you select the item, you can then plug in Stack Size, # stacks, Duration of Auction, Price (Per Stack/Per Item), Starting Price and finally Buyout Price.



Once you press create, it will start your auction for you.

Now, the downside to this is that the tracking of items/auction history in the TSM is bypassed.

The upside to this, if you are stuck away from your main computer, you can relist your auctions or post new auctions remotely.

Another advantage is that Blizzard has provided us with a mobile app for our portable computers with phone feature (smart phones).  This app is free to both Android and iPhone/iPod touch.

In truth, there is no reason we should be out of touch with our online business.  Except, perhaps, if you are in the middle of South Dakota with no cell/wifi signal.  Just saying.

Happy Auctioning all!

-AuctionWench


No comments:

Post a Comment