Tuesday, August 19, 2014

Everything has a beginning.

August 14th is when I seriously decided to start making some serious money in WoW.  I should point out, that I am talking about in game currency - not actual cash.


I was curious how it was done and started looking at auction tools.  That led me to: TradeSkillMaster which led me to PhatLewts and WoWProfitz (thank you both for your video introductions to TSM).


I spent the weekend of August 16th, 2014 getting comfortable with the tools that I was using.  My (auction) toon had around 1k gold on it.  When I left the game at the beginning of Cata I had about 13k.  Coming back into the game at the end of MoP I used that 13k and the gold made by my toons questing to help my wife and sons (who also play).


Something went off in side of me, as it often does in many of us and I decided to try this for real.  To get serious, to make gold on the auction.  So, now I taking notes about my endeavors to try and pass on to all of you.


I will say, that in the beginning, I am being a script kiddy.  PhatLootz is kind enough to put import lists on his site to help me get going.  Especially with the Xmog gear.


Sunday August 17th, 2014 I started running my shopping list against the auction and found a number of Xmog severely undervalued.  I bought them up and re-listed them.  I am currently carrying ~100 Xmogs and the list is growing.  Every time I find one for a few gold, I buy it up.


I am also using “Bargain Finder” on WoWuction and have found a few undervalued blues that I have picked up.


My bride is trying to max her Alchemy out and is “discovering” items on her way to try to get living steel.  She gave many stacks of potions which I in turn put on the AH (I realized that she meant for me to use, but...um...I like gold).  


Monday August 18th, 2014 I realized that I am getting serious about this as I spotted a few deals on WoWuction and had my wife pick them up for me. (I hadn't discovered the online auction house yet).  I listed them when I got home at their normal market values.
I also started building shopping lists searching out gems (raw and cut) and potions/flasks that are undervalued.  I came to this conclusion while I was trying to level my own Jewelcrafter/Alchemist.  Out of all my toons.  Only my Herbalist/Inscriptionist/Mining/Skinning are maxed out. Everything else is below 250.


How am I doing?  It is a slow roll getting the money coming in.  However, I am sensing progress.
According to TSM, my sales so far are not going to win me any contests.  But in order to get my stock to where I would like it, I need to spend money to make money.


So:
August 14th: 288g36s40c
August 15th: 345g11s84c
August 16th: 32g65s91c
August 17th: 522g10s14c
August 18th: 233g86s68c


Tuesday August 19th, 2014
Today I made a GRAND discovery (you can laugh at me all you want, I was out of the game when they implemented this feature).  I found the online auction house.  I was at work and looking at the WoW site when I realized that there is an auction house app for the phone and one on the web site.  I then proceeded to check my auctions when I saw that “I can buy!”
So, the items that I had noticed on WoWuction.com that were bargains are now sitting in my mail box waiting for me to get home.


According to the auction house, I have 447g18s97c sitting in my mail also. (EDIT: 493g23s63c was the final)


If that is the case.  I have made around 1869g in 6 days (311g/day).  Not a good start however I am proud of myself.  I am not expected everyone to fall at my feet and throw me their copper…..well, yes I am.
My total buyout right now is sitting around 23000g. I have spent around 1500g to acquire this, reinvesting much of the money I had earned.
 
This will start to pick up shortly here in the future.


As I stated, we need to spend a little to make much.

No comments:

Post a Comment